An Intro to Nicotine Salt E-liquids : A guide by Blue Monkey Vape Shop
What are nicotine salts?
Nicotine salts are comprised of the same exact nicotine that’s found in its natural state within the tobacco leaf. Nicotine Salt requires a higher temperature in order to properly vaporize and the ions don’t travel to the nicotine receptors in your body as easily.
The term “Nicotine salt” just refers to the scientific definition. It doesn’t mean it’s infused with actual salt.
Nicotine Salt e-liquids have a special ingredient called Benzoic Acid that helps to make Nicotine Salts as smooth and palatable in higher strengths while allowing our body to absorb it much more efficiently.
Why is Benzoic acid added?
– It allows the Nicotine Salt to vaporize at much lower temperatures.
- It lowers the pH levels in the Nicotine Salt, which in turn produces a smoother hit.
- It causes a reaction which allows Nicotine Salt to be absorbed as easily as Freebase Nicotine.
So what’s the difference between traditional e-liquids and salt e-liquids?
When you vape traditional freebase nicotine, most people wouldn’t choose something over 18mg, as the hit would be much too harsh. However, with Nicotine Salts, most people who vape 3mg freebase nicotine are able to comfortably vape 25mg-50mg Nicotine Salts and Nicotine Salts help mimic the sensation of smoking a combustible cigarette.
Who should use salt e-liquids?
- Heavy smokers: Nicotine Salts are one of the most effective types of nicotine to help aid cigarette smokers in ditching the habit. Due to the higher nicotine content, Nicotine Salts more closely resemble the effects of smoking a cigarette and therefore help curb the craving.
- People looking for inconspicuous vaping experience: Nicotine Salts are designed for use in smaller, lower wattage devices. So, if you want an extremely portable device for when you’re on the go, or you don’t want to blow massive clouds in public, Nicotine Salts will help to satisfy your craving in smaller and more concentrated doses.
Advantages of nicotine salt e-liquids:
- Stronger nicotine hit to satisfy cravings.
- Smoother nicotine hit.
- More flavorful feel from compared to freebase nicotine.
Disadvantages of nicotine salt e-liquids:
- Too strong of a nicotine hit for some.
- Usually vape shop have fewer options for both e-liquids and devices for nicotine salts available.
- Lack of clouds.
So there it is. Nicotine salt e-liquids are the newer type of e-liquids created from naturally occurring nicotine. A chemical called benzoic acid is added as to allow it to vaporize at lower temperatures and to help our body absorb it easily. They provide a stronger nicotine hit, are more flavorful, relatively cheaper, generate less clouds and perfect for heavy smokers looking to quit. Find yourself interested? Check into a vape shop near you and find a perfect flavor! Happy vaping!